Monday, September 27, 2010

A super quick email today...
My allergies are really bothering me today. I had a horrific sinus headache all day, suffered two different bloody noses while trying to teach and I am only feeling relief when I lay down.

Today in a nutshell:
Assembly -- Responsibility

Projects -- Students were given 60 minutes to continue working on their projects.

Math -- Algebra method was emphasized. We did several examples of converting real life examples into algebra equations. Students were given 20 minutes to begin working on tonight’s homework.

Theme 1 test prep -- student created their own study guide based on the notes in class.

It should look like this because these are the notes we took:

THEME 1 STUDY GUIDE

Get ready for the week - once again we not only wrote the homework into our day planners, we created a priority list. There was a long discussion about choosing to study for the theme 1 test tonight and Tuesday since there will assuredly be Wednesday night science homework.


In a separate email, I will send an important email from our room parents and a typing class that is being offered at DES.

We also found out that I was given a lemon of a Smartboard. It has to be replaced out and it is not fixable. Therefore I continue to not have a functioning Smartboard and Smart Response Devices.

Kind regards,
Mr. Hubbard

Homework for the week:
Math:
69-70 1-13 all Tuesday
72-73 1-15 all Wednesday
Topic 3 test
78-79 1-30 all Thursday
80-81 1-34 all Friday

Theme 1 Test on Thursday (study guide is above)
Spelling Test on Friday --- THIS WEEK'S SPELLING WORDS

Social Test 163-174 due on Wednesday

Free-Write Friday
“If I was an eraser on the top of a pencil, my life would be like...”

No comments:

Post a Comment