Wednesday, August 9, 2017

2017-2018 Is Upon Us!!

We are only five days away until our 180-school day journey begins.

This year's theme will be "Today You, Tomorrow Me!" If you have 8 minutes and you don't mind getting a case of the feels, give this a listen.  Listen to the story, "Today You, Tomorrow Me"  Or watch this part of the video (it is important to stat at 3:32):




If your child has me as their teacher this year, it will help me a ton if you could complete this form. I know you have already completed similar information for DUSD and then you had to write it on paper for the emergency forms; however, this helps me have my own readily available copy that I can save onto my hard drive. I greatly greatly appreciate you taking the 5 to 7 minutes to complete the form.




"Sleep Well to Think Well"
My son or daughter wants to know what they should do to be ready for Monday, what should I tell them?  If they haven't already, they should be going to sleep at their "typical" school bedtime. They should then also be having their alarm set for their "typical" school wake up time. If you have been napping on the importance of sleep in your child's life and your own, I will recommend watching this 12-minute video from PBS's NOVA


Anything else they should do?
They should come to school having a positive attitude towards learning, be willing to make mistakes and be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment