Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday, #87 2012 2013 (1/22/13)

CK7 leading us to Super Bowl win #6?
Day 87 of Week 21

I had some giddy-up in my step for the first time in about 10 days!!  My bronchitis may have finally run its course so I can move around the class without feeling I am hanging out in outrageous altitude.  

Tomorrow please remember to turn in the money for the read-a-thon fundraiser if your family chose to participate in the fund raiser.    If you are collecting my amount read, I have the numbers here at school and Ms. Sandy told all the kids their total minutes.  However if you need it, email me and I can send it to you in the morning.  

Today -- Technology Tuesday
However we had to cut it short due to having to get a ton of stuff done due to it being a short week.  
We spent 15 minutes on typing.
We spent 15 minutes on scootpad working on language arts vocabulary and grammar.  
We spent 15 minutes on www.ixl.com working on our fraction knowledge or geometry for the Math/Art test

Spelling Pretest
Here are this week’s words.

We then did a pre assessment regarding how well we know our surface area math.  

Math:
Fractions -- adding mixed numbers.
*Why do I need to see the estimated answer?
*Why do you need to find the least common multiple using venn diagrams
Here are all of notes from this chapter.

Science

Lesson on surface area. What is it and how do you find it?

Math/Art test...

Kind regards and thank you for your patience as I returned to health,

Mr. Hubbard

Homework for the week:
Math
Page 258 7-22 all due Wednesday (show est. and venn diagram)
Page 260 7-22 all due Thursday (show est. and venn diagram)
Page 262 1-14 all due Friday
Page 264-265 1-14 all due Friday (show est. and venn diagram)

Spelling and Vocab
Here are the words for the week.  
Vocabulary study words/cards are due on Thursday
P.B. 139 and 148 due on Thursday

Grammar all due on Friday
P.B. 144, 149, 150 and 151

Free-Write due Friday
A free free-write

Bring in read-a-thon money beginning on Tuesday

Science due Thursday
vocab cards
page 136 and 139
packet -- page 101

No comments:

Post a Comment