Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thursday, March 19, 2020

A great science Youtube video from Mark Rober:

Today's primary source/first-person journal topic:
Thursday, March 19, 2020 -- Describe what the "Shelter In Place" means as of 3/19/20. How are your family and yourself handling getting the necessary supplies? Maybe write about how people are hoarding toilet paper? Do you leave the house w/ your family when they get supplies? Have you ordered in from a restaurant or grocery store?

Today's Padlet is "selfie-Thursday"


The district just announced these two offerings: 
If your family needs a Chromebook(s) or "free wi-fi" -- the district is here to help:
From my understanding, you can check out a Chromebook per child. The hotspot is free wi-fi. 

10:00 AM MEETING today!! (for the Students)


Also, Zearn.org is a smaller non-profit
I think with the school closures, their bandwidth may be getting maxed out. So if your child is having Zearn issues, they can use their math time to use Khan Academy, IXLs, or even Scootpad. 

It looks like state testing in California may take this year off? Schools throughout California are all trying to figure this out. 

I can not thank everyone enough who have reached out and thanked me. It does mean a lot to me. I have always felt that I was put onto earth to teach and contribute to society by helping inspire young learners. So being here for the kids and their families through this unknown time is something I feel beholden to do. 

Kind regards,
Mr. Hubbard 

No comments:

Post a Comment